Join Us For Our 3rd Annual Christmas In The Woods Event!
The 2021 Christmas In The Woods Festival will be held Saturday, November 6th from 9 AM – 3 pm. It is part of Faith Barn Market, which is a regular bi-monthly sale held on the campus of Carolina Christian Academy. Christmas in the Woods is an outdoor event held rain or shine – no rain date. Booth spaces are located throughout the wooded area next to the Faith Barn Market, with a stage for live entertainment and varied kids activities. All activities are free to the public. Attendance varies from 500-1000 people and we are growing.
How to Apply to the Christmas In The Woods Festival:
Our application will open again in July 2021.
Product & Exhibit
1. All products and products offered for sale at the Festival must be made by the vendor or by the person listed on the vendor application, we do accept a limited number of Direct Sales companies in limited categories.
2. Selections will be from the primary classifications –
Accessories (hair bows, scarves, hats, handbags,), Artist’s Prints & Unlimited Reproductions,Artwork (drawing, painting), Clay (hand thrown ceramics, pottery, porcelain), Clothing (adult, children, Mother/Daughter), Dolls (fabric, fiber, fur, porcelain, wood, etc), Floral (arranged, dried, live, pressed, silk), Food Concessions, Food Gifts (must be sealed in decorative packaging), Food Mixes (must require additional preparation for consumption), Furniture (painted/stained: household, lawn/garden, child-size), Games/Toys, Glass (blown, cut, fused, mosaic, sculpture, stained), Herbal (soaps, potpourri, oils, candles), Leather (accessories, bags, clothing, belts), Metal (cast, embossed, forged, punched, sculpture, aluminum, brass, copper, iron, pewter, tin, etc.), Miscellaneous (acrylic, bread dough, egg art, rubber, shells, etc.), Mixed media (combination of various media), Musical (instruments, music boxes, NO cds unless they are your of your own music), Paper (calligraphy, cast, cutting, maps, paper-mache, quilling), Photography (unlimited prints), Plants, Wood (painted/stained: lawn/garden, household, sculptures, sports, toys)
3. Exhibitors may only show and sell work from the category in which they have been accepted.
4. Any items of work not listed in the application must be removed from the show.
5. To ensure balance and fairness to all exhibitors, each classification has a limited number of openings.
Booth Display & Set-Up
1. Arts/Crafts Vendor spaces are 10′ x 10′. Food Truck spaces will be 10′ x 30′. All spaces will be assigned by Christmas in the Woods Festival.
2. Arts/Crafts Vendor are required to provide Tent, and Tables. Portable display tables, card tables, etc. must be covered/skirted. All tents must be weighted down.
3. Vendors are responsible for set-up and clean up. Set-up begins at 7am or you can come the day before from 8AM to 4PM; all vendors must be in and set-up no later than 8:45 am Saturday Morning.
All trailered displays or concessions must be set-up by 7:45am. (All vehicles must be moved off site).
4. Vendors must remain on site and set up for the entire Festival (9 AM – 3 pm). Those vendors not remaining on site and set up until 3 pm will not be invited to participate in future Festivals.
5. Please be prepared for inclement weather; this is an outdoor festival that goes on rain or shine! NO RAIN DATE AND REFUNDS ONLY WITHIN THE REFUND POLICY.
REFUND POLICY: Refunds will only be given for cases of extreme weather such as Hurricane like weather or a National Weather Service Extreme weather situation. However, we will not be canceling due to cold or drizzle, so come prepared and dressed for the weather or if we cancel on our end we will give refunds, however, no other refunds are given.
6. Once selected, exhibitors may display and sell ONLY the type of work which was juried.
Food Trailers/Trucks are required to be self-contained. It is the food vendor’s responsibility to be in compliance with the local and state requirements of the NC Dept of Health and Hospitals. Food Trailers/Trucks will need to check in, park and run power by 7:45 am.
The Christmas In The Woods Festival may accept a limited number of local non-profit organizations as exhibitors. No political organizations will be considered. Informational and interactive exhibits are encouraged. Any items for sale by a non-profit must have prior approval from the jury. The vendor booth fee applies to non-profit vendors as well.
All applicants are required to submit the following items:
A completed and signed application form with your name and business name as would like them to appear on our website and Facebook page. Three (3) images that are representative of the work you propose to sell. If you are accepted into the Festival, we may use your images to accompany press releases, online promotion, and advertisements to promote the Festival. Of course, we will only use your images if you are accepted as a vendor.
All Vendor fees are due and payable upon notification of successful jury selection.
Vendor fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Print images submitted to the jury will not be returned.
Vendor Fees & Payment
1. All vendor fees are due by October 15, 2020.
2. Do not send payment until you have been notified of your acceptance.
3. Checks are to be made out to: Carolina Christian Academy
1. 1 – 10’ x 10’ Vendor Space – $45
2. 2 – 10’ x 10’ Vendor Space – $80
3. 1 – 10′ x 30′ Food Truck Space – $65
No electric heaters are allowed. Propane heaters are acceptable. Be prepared for outdoor weather.
Pets are not allowed in the Festival area at any time. No Exceptions.
The festival committee reserves the right to have vendors remove unacceptable or inappropriate items, or to relocate or dismiss any participant. No alcoholic beverages are permitted within the festival. Tobacco products on campus are not permitted.
I understand that the Town of Thomasville, the Faith Barn Market, Carolina Christian Academy and/or Sponsors are not responsible for damages caused by extenuating circumstances such as weather or acts of nature. Also, these parties mentioned above will not be liable in any way for damage or loss of inventory or work, or injury to persons participating. If insurance is desired, it must be secured by the individual vendor.
An accepted application is a commitment to the festival. No refunds will be made for cancellations. There is no substitute rain date. The booth fees will not be refunded in that event or other cause which could not be avoided by the Faith Barn Market or the Christmas In The Woods Festival committee. Return Check Fee: $35.00.
Accepted vendors will be notified by email. Upon notification, vendor has 14 days to submit payment or forfeit spot.
Mailing address is: Christmas In The Woods C/O Abigail Kuhn 367 Academy Dr., Thomasville, NC 27360